Business Development Executives
Uform is an award winning company located in Toomebridge, Northern Ireland that distributes high quality kitchen doors and accessories to the trade throughout the UK & Ireland.
About our culture:
As a family business we are proud of our values and our culture, which are at the core of our business and underpin the way we work alongside each other, our retail customers and our supply chain partners.
We look for people who can relate to our values of “Openness and Honesty; Respect; Teamwork; and Ownership”. We believe that by creating an inspirational and aligned company culture, our employees will feel motivated and pass that same positive energy towards our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do.
At Uform, we aim to make our company a place where our employees are happy and fulfilled. Our philosophy is simple – Happy employees = Happy customers = Successful organisation.
About the Role
In line with our strategic plan and in order to facilitate our ongoing growth plans, we now wish to appoint Business Development Executives.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be working as part of the Sales and Business Development teams. You will mainly be responsible for driving new business sales opportunities from outbound calls through to close; building long lasting relationships with our clients; pitching products and negotiating with decision makers over the phone. This is ideally a full-time post of 37.5 hours, 5 days per week, based in our Toomebridge office however, consideration will be given to a 30 hour week depending on business needs.
- Identifying new sales leads
- Researching organisations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Research and prospect new customers, existing dormant or low/no-spenders, completing a robust fact-find and action plan.
- Researching the needs of potential clients and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Pitching products and/or services
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Presenting over the phone to decision makers
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiate ongoing terms, rebates and display agreements up to agreed levels (above these levels a business case is needed and sign off by an ASM/RM/Director depending on levels)
- Complete robust Business proposals for new business opportunities outside of guidelines
- Closing the deal by taking payment for orders over the phone.
- Maintaining strong relationships with existing customers
- Be passionate about our brand and have a flexible and can-do attitude.
- Be driven and focused with a positive mindset.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders.
- Be able to work unsupervised, problem solve and initiate change where needed.
- Have a strong ability to multi-task, good attention to detail and a proven ability to handle pressure and manage hourly/daily deadlines.
- Have exceptional skills in building strong relationships with customers.
- A proven track record of delivering to targets.
- Be able to identify needs and contribute towards growing our business to achieve long-term success.
- Be professional and customer-focused, face to face and on the telephone.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent including Grade C in English and Maths
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a sales/customer services role in a high volume based business.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Experience and confidence in liaising with a range of personnel from various disciplines.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – word, excel, powerpoint.
- A working knowledge/experience in the use of CRM System, Sales Logix and Sage.
- Salary Range - £25,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on experience.
- On Target Commission of £6,000 per annum.
- Membership of a Health Cash Plan
- On site free parking
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
The full Job Description and Person Specification is available upon request. This is an exciting time to join our business as we embark on this journey of growth and change. If you feel you have the right attitude and energy to join #TeamUform and wish to apply, please forward your CV to the Melissa Kempton, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion.
Closing date for receipt of CVs/applications is 5.00 pm on Monday 10th August 2020 and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview week commencing 17th August 2020.
Email your CV
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer