Business Development Manager
As a family business we are proud of our values and our culture, which underpin the way we work alongside each other, our retail customers and our supply chain partners.
Our Culture is at the core of our business. We strive to live it every day through our values of “Openness and Honesty; Respect; Teamwork; and Taking Responsibility”. We look for people who can relate to our values and who understand that by creating an inspirational and aligned company culture, our employees will feel motivated and pass that same positive energy towards our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do.
At UForm our philosophy is simple – Happy employees = happy customers = successful organisation. We aim to make our company a place where our employees are happy and fulfilled and where this is reflected through how they work, ensuring customer satisfaction.
Do you have the right attitude and energy to join our team and have a great career in Uform?
In line with our strategic plan and in order to facilitate the ongoing growth, we now wish to appoint a Business Development Manager to head up and drive the Business Development Department.
You will have total accountability for leading the day to day activities of the business development team together with ensuring a sustained growth through creating new business opportunities.
List of Key Responsibilities:
- Research and prospect new customers and complete a robust fact-find and action plan.
- Prospect existing dormant or low/no-spenders to agree plan as above
- Negotiate ongoing terms, rebates and display agreements up to agreed levels (above these levels needs a business case and sign off by an ASM/RM/Director depending on levels)
- To maintain and develop excellent customer relationships with internal, external and potential customers.
- Take orders and payment for new customers
- Own the resolution of all issues
- Achieve own sales target and lead and manage a team to achieve targets.
Who you are:
You will have a desire to further develop a career in sales and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who will naturally demonstrate tenacity and innovation in securing new business and building long-term profitable relationships.
You will be passionate about selling and have the ability to engage with people at all levels
You will be focused on your own goals and those of your team and will believe in your ability to achieve success by consistently meeting the daily, weekly and monthly objectives of your team
What we are looking for:
- 3-4 years’ experience managing a business development/telesales team
- Degree educated would be a benefit, though not essential
- An understanding of the sales process.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to oversee & delegate work to others.
- A warm, friendly and approachable personality when dealing with fellow staff and clients/customers.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills with the experience in delivering PowerPoint presentations.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV to the Melissa Kempton, HR Assistant at email@example.com. Alternatively you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion. Closing date for receipt of CVs/applications is Friday 21 February.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV