As part of our continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Graphic designer to join our team at Uform. This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue to grow in terms of our staff and our volume of work, investing in our machinery, equipment and premises, together with training and developing our people. The successful candidate will Report to the Marketing Manager and will be a strategic thinker, creative designer and a corporate collaborator.
You will be able to conceptualise and execute beautifully designed brochures, point-of-sale material, exhibition material, product price lists, advertisements, presentations and digital material (website, eblasts, advertisements). You will be comfortable taking a design from initial concept to final production, elevate great content through design and help distinguish Uform as a market leader.
- To provide creative and innovative approaches as well as outstanding attention to detail and quality under challenging deadlines, able to work either independently or under the direction of the Marketing Manager and/or the company Chairman.
- To design and layout print collateral including brochures, leaflets, price lists, signage, event materials, presentations and advertisements.
- To design effective digital and social media assets, as well as landing pages with an understanding of user experience. Collaborate with direct coders to execute digital designs for uform.co.uk and kitchenstori.com
- Maintain expert level knowledge of industry brand standards, championing the value of the brand, ensuring design solutions support UK and Irish industry initiatives.
- Effectively support large, complex projects and teams with a collaborative approach.
- Interface and brainstorm with others at various levels in the organization in a strategic manner to elevate the visual communication of information; ability to grasp the substance of business issues being communicated and then articulate visual options that enhance / clarify audience understanding.
- Exercise strong judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicate to the marketing team.
- Able to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments, always keeping the marketing team and company chairman informed of projects and progress.
- Be a team player who demonstrates initiative. Someone who thrives in time-sensitive situations through collaboration with marketing managers, external suppliers and regional resources.
- Coordinate directly with various external suppliers for printing/production fulfilment
What You'll Need To Succeed
The ideal applicant should possess the following key attributes:
- Formal graphic design training with 3 years of related work experience in graphic design, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and preferably Premier Pro
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel; willingness and ability to create an elegant designed “feel” in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles.
- Proven skills and educational training in typography, layout, composition, colour theory and information design.
- Understanding of print production and how to prepare files for offset printing and digital installations.
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design solutions within tight deadlines.
- Experience working with teams in a vibrant and busy organization.
- Excellent oral and written communications, listening and decision-making skills.
- Professional client service manner and ability to interact with all levels of
- Proficiency with project management skills and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and synthesize direction from many individuals.
- Ability to provide design direction to junior team members.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, able to manage own time and take
- Overtime will be required on occasion, based on project demands.
- Third level Qualifications in relevant discipline
- Digital expertise with the capability of coding HTML and CSS
A full Job Description and Person Specification are available on request.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV to Melissa Kempton, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion. Closing date for receipt of CVs / applications is Friday 27th April 2018.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV