IT Application Engineer
As part of our continued growth, we are currently recruiting for an IT Application Engineer to join our team at Uform. As IT Application Engineer you will mainly focus with a hands-on approach playing an important role through building and maintaining current software applications. In line with the company’s IT strategy, help deliver new applications that focus on physical and system processes changes. Lead, develop and deliver applications which provide improvements via inhouse developments and/or 2nd/3rd party assistance in line with the Budgets.
Projects Management and Delivery
- Work cross departmentally to improve system processes and functionality in the areas of ERP/WMS/CRM and BI.
- Define business initiatives with an understanding of IT strategy to design and develop the required application infrastructure, execute plans, recommendation of systems or process enhancements and execute project deliverables - Includes planning, testing, implementation, documentation, user acceptance and ‘go live’ to agreed standards and complete in agreed time scales.
- Liaise and manage 3rd party providers to ensure solutions are delivered and fit for purpose.
- Engage with all departments through training and ensure smooth hand over to UAT to allow the IT Infrastructure Team to manage the Day to Day running of applications and provide ongoing onsite 2nd level support if required
- Develop, document and understand the system process flow of the business processes. Providing a clear picture of the functionality map and the applications footprint across the company.
- Align applications with business processes.
- Recommend Improvements in line with IT strategy.
Day to Day Delivery
- Provide onsite 2nd Level Support on point of escalation from the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Compile user documentation and provide user training if required.
- Coordinate with IT Infrastructure Team application changes and patches.
- Communicate regularly with other department managers, directors, end-users, IT Infrastructure Team regarding projects, application issues and provide resolutions to troubleshooting issues.
- Provide out of hours support when required.
- Assist with out-of-hours software work when required.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal applicant should possess the following key attributes:
- Experience in a Manufacturing and/or distribution in a high volume & complex environment (5+ years)
- Proficient in SQL (with an understanding of table structures, stored procedures)
- Self-managed, with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Proven analysis and problem-solving skills in a high-volume complex environment.
- Be able to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to a wide range of audiences.
- Significant experience in SQL and VB or other programming language(s)
- ERP / CRM / WMS exposure.
- Significant experience in Qlik or any other BI application(s)
- +3-5 years’ experience in application development.
- Degree in Computing Science (or similar qualification)
This is full time permanent position, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, but flexibility may be required to work out-of-hours in order to meet deadlines.
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV to Melissa Kempton, HR Assistant at email@example.com. Full job description and person specification available on request. Closing date for receipt of CVs is 2nd August 2019.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV