In line with our strategic plan and in order to facilitate our ongoing growth plans, we now wish to appoint a Material Planner.
Responsible for Quality, Cost and Delivery performance of designated suppliers, ensuring procured products and services are supplied on time and available to support company requirements whilst ensuring inventory levels of such parts adhere to company policies. Manages the supply of parts / services including the raising and management of all purchase documents within the ERP or other Procurement systems where designated, ensuring adherence to production requirements.
- Supplier Relationships: Where designated responsible for leading and co-ordinating supplier relationships and strategy(s) within the designated external supply chain (sources of supply as defined via Category Strategies). Where designated, will lead specific supplier relationships fulfilling the accountabilities of the Procurement Managers and Category Buyers. Responsible for assessing and managing risks of supply for designated suppliers via risk management approach.
- Cost Management: Ensure inventory levels of procured products supplied by designated suppliers adhere to company policy, ensuring relevant data within the ERP and other relevant procurement systems are maintained to efficiently support such levels. Where designated, responsible for the resolution of cost issues, consulting with Procurement Managers and agrees counter measure(s).
- Delivery: Where designated, responsible for the delivery performance of suppliers to support company requirements. Consults with Procurement Managers if required and agrees counter measures where supplier performance falls below acceptable standards and parts are provided across multiple category(s).
- Quality: Where designated, responsible for the quality performance of suppliers. Consults with relevant Procurement and Quality personnel and agrees counter measures where supplier performance falls below acceptable standards. Manages the replenishment process of products returned to the supplier due to non-quality events.
- Processes and Procedures: Accountable and responsible for ensuring adherence whilst continually improving the company’s processes and procedures, maintaining procurement systems to ensure associated KPI’s are met and ensuring records are maintained in line with company and regulatory requirements. Manage delivery of business plans compliant with all regulatory and environmental frameworks.
- Code of Ethics: Ensure compliance with company global code of ethics.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in a material planning, inventory management or purchasing related position, perferably in a manufacturing industry
- Attention to detail to ensure all your material planning is right first time and on time
- Has a proven track record in delivering results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a hig drive and ability to sort out issues and identify root causes
- Must be a good team player and be able to provide accurate data with a high level of detail along with the ability to communicate to internal and external stake holders at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft office and expereince in MRP/ERP systems
- Understands inventory management techniques
This is an exciting time to join our business as we embark on this journey of growth and change. If you feel you have the right attitude and energy to join #TeamUform and wish to apply, please forward your CV to the Melissa Kempton, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion.
Closing date for receipt of CVs/applications is 5.00 pm on Wednesday 21st April
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV