A vacancy has arisen for the position of Non-Inventory Buyer within the company. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be working as part of the Procurement team. You will be responsible for the placing and control of purchase orders and suppliers of the companies non-Inventory spend at the most competitive price consistent with the required quality and provide general companywide purchasing assistance as necessary. Hours of work are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities: (not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive)
- Responsible for the transformation of a manual non inventory ordering system onto an electronic requisition system providing control and accountability.
- To help define and implement the company’s policy on non-inventory purchasing.
- Processing of purchase requisitions ensuring the correct procedures are adhered to.
- To lead and champion projects on the procurement of non-inventory goods and services
- Effectively manage and maintain a register for any supplier contracts that the company may have in place.
- Develop cost saving plans for goods and services and report to Procurement Manager
- Execute and monitor RFQ’s to the supply base and provide a summary of results
- Agreement of delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Monitor price, quality and service levels of suppliers
- Ensuring that all changes to purchasing information/data have been authorised and entered into the system of control.
- Manage the delivery process to prioritise and maximise cost effective shipments and consolidations
- Communicate with all areas of the plant to ensure the needs of the company are being fulfilled through purchasing.
- To carry out any other duties as required by Management.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal applicant should possess the following key attributes:
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent including Grade C in English and Maths
- Minimum of 5 years’ of procurement experience which includes a minimum of 2 years procurement of non-inventory goods and services.
- Experience and working knowledge of an MRP system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Evidence of being an effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstratable negotiation experience gained with in a purchasing role
- Previous experience of stock ordering and control of stock in a fast-paced environment, preferably gained within manufacturing
- Ability to develop and maintain supplier relationships and to manage these suppliers to meet our commercial, quality and delivery expectations.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organisational skills including forward planning
The full job description & person spec is available upon request. If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your CV to the HR Department for consideration by the closing date of Friday 25th September.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV