As part of our continued growth, we are currently recruiting for Sander to join our production team at Uform. The successful candidates will be responsible for the preparation, priming and sanding of kitchen doors and accessories in accordance with the company’s standards, involving the use of air assisted air less paint spraying systems. The role will report to the Production Manager and will involve a 3 day week rotating shift subject to change to 5 day rotating Day 6am-3pm / Evening 3pm – 12:30am Monday to Thursday & 3pm to 10pm Friday.
- To read and assess production information for required specification details; working in an organised manner to ensure the task is completed efficiently, to the correct standard and within the necessary time frame.
- Prepare, Sand, and apply primer to a range of wood products to a high standard and post prime sand ahead of painting process.
- Communicate with the Production Co-ordinator/Team Leader to ensure paint and consumable stocks are readily available as required.
- To carry out basic quality control checks.
- To ensure that all Company property issued for use at work is used within guidelines and maintained accordingly.
- To ensure the safe operation of machinery within the area of responsibility.
- To assist in other areas of production within capabilities when required.
- Personally, make health and safety a priority ensuring you comply with all health and safety instructions.
- Plan your work to minimise waste of raw materials as well as working in a clean and tidy manner.
- To work in accordance with Company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Wear and maintain your respiratory and personal protective equipment at all times.
- Adhere to the Company’s environmental policies and legal duties, specifically control of emissions, management of solvents and the recycling of waste product.
- An individual who will represent the best interests of the company at all times in a professional and positive manner.
- Must set an example on behaviour, attendance, safety, fairness etc.
- To prioritise work and use own initiative.
- To manage and continually improve own performance.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in the relevant discipline
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV to Melissa Kempton, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion. Closing date for receipt of CVs / applications is Friday 8th June.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV