Team Leader on Production Line
As part of our continued growth, we are currently recruiting for Team Leader to join our production team at Uform. The successful candidates will Take full “ownership” of their production cell, People, Products, Equipment and Processes. Delivers on Key Performance Indicators, Communication, Output, Quality, Service, Cost, Safety. The role will report to the Production Supervisor and will involve a 3 day week rotating shift 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Wednesday X2, rotating to Thursday to Saturday X2.
Key Responsibilities: (not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive)
The job will entail supervision of a team of individuals of various skills in all activities associated with production of a range of painted kitchen products. This will include:
People - Management of the team of people ensuing the have all the skills, knowledge, training, equipment, and materials to achieve their target outputs.
Products - Responsible for delivering output to a given production schedule for their area.
Equipment – Ensures that all equipment in their area is properly handled, cleaned, and maintained.
Processes – Ownership of the full production process in their area from sanding, priming, and finishing to successful QC. Compiling all necessary information and keeping all relevant records to ensure full control of the painting process, driving on-time dispatch.
Key Performance Indicators
- Regular team briefs reviewing performance, targets and plans for the cell
- Present performance information to line managers clearly identifying issues and corrective actions.
- Continually review individual performance within area of responsibility and provide feedback, positive and negative against expected norms.
- Organizes the Production Cell, working to a given schedule (including a separate Remedials Schedule) from the Planning Co-Ordinator.
- Hourly monitoring of performance, comparing to agreed target outputs. Deals with any issue affecting the achievement of target outputs.
- Must constantly know where they are on this schedule and eradicating any issues at an early stage to prevent hold-ups
- Ensures predetermined targets met
- Ensures acceptable quality standards are known, understood, and acted upon.
- Drives a culture of “ownership of product quality” and a pursuit of excellence. “Right first time, every time”.
- Must plan/prepare in detail with their teams all work to agree the most efficient work methods and to identify in advance any additional requirements for resources and equipment. To organise the team to their strengths to ensure quality products are made within specified deadlines.
- Develops an ethos for their production cell of on-time delivery on every single order.
- Ensures clear delegation and prioritizing of tasks and must react rapidly to any issues/difficulties which could result in missing deadlines.
- Communicates concisely and clearly with the Planning Co-Ordinator on progress through the production schedule.
- Carefully manages the resources to best effect to maximise efficiency of working time, raw materials, energy, and consumables.
- Must ensure waste is always kept to a minimum and the job is done right the first time.
Health & Safety
- Takes full ownership for the working environment and the safety of self and others.
- Must ensure that risks to any employee’s health and safety are identified and appropriate actions taken to eliminate/minimize these risks.
- Must ensure good levels of housekeeping are always maintained.
- Ensures full compliance of their team to all legal and company safety requirements.
- Monitors and asses own area to ensure safety risks are identified and eliminated.
- Ensures full compliance in the use of PPE, extraction systems and handling of chemicals.
- Must follow company procedures for accident/incident reporting and take action to avoid re-occurrence.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your CV to the Melissa Kempton, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can request an application form which will be emailed to you for completion. Closing date for receipt of CVs/applications is Monday 23rd November 2020.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV