Temporary Business Development Assistant
Uform is a multi award-winning supplier of kitchen components to the trade.
A vacancy has arisen for the Temporary position of Business Development Assistant within the company. This will cover 12 months maternity leave. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be working as part of the Sales and Business Development teams. You will mainly be responsible for identifying and qualifying new sales leads, pitching products and negotiating with decision makers over the phone. Hours of work are 9am to 5pm, two to three days per week.
Key Responsibilities: (not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive)
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers
- Generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
- You will be provided with leads and generate your own leads, targeting B2B
- Researching organisation’s and individual’s online to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Contacting potential customers via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Help with planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Typical selling duties include:
- Presenting over the phone to decision makers
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person.
- Identifying and qualifying new sales leads
- Pitching products
What you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal applicant should possess the following key attributes:
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent including Grade C in English and Maths
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a sales/customer services role in a high volume based business.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – word, excel, powerpoint.
- A working knowledge/experience in the use of CRM System, Sales Logix and Sage.
- Proven ability to manage hourly/daily deadlines.
- Strong ability for multi-tasking and good attention to detail in all tasks.
- Professional and customer-focused face to face and on the telephone.
- Good team player able to work in a pressurised environment.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to close out a conversation.
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to work unsupervised, problem solve and initiate change where needed.
The full job description is available upon request. If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your CV to the HR Department for consideration by the closing date of Friday 21st March at 5.00 pm.
Uform is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Email your CV